WILD BIRD CARE
SOME TIPS ON FEEDING WILD BIRD FOOD …
- We recommend putting table top and hanging feeders in a secluded place, off the ground and away – if possible – from fences and trees to inhibit marauding cats
- Make sure water is always available (sorry to preach – we know it’s common sense but people do ask!)
- The areas where birds are fed (excellent idea to have more than one place) really do need to be kept clean – this will stop contamination and infections
- Use a specific wild bird disinfectant and feed little and often – this means the food won’t get left to go mouldy
- DON’T feed – polyunsaturated margarines/ fats, vegetable oil, milk, desiccated coconut, salted food,
- Keep to a feeding time table – they will be expecting you!